Tom MacIntyre

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:44:08 -0500, "Roy and Rosa"
wrote:

I have a shorted pic tube in a Toshiba 32" 32afx61 flat screen Thompson
tube.
Before I trash it how can I try to clear short? Shops want $100 bucks to
try 'with no promisses' of course. Id rather put taht money towards a new
tv.
I know trying this is a last ditch effort. The tube is shot anyway. So I
know I cant hurt it. Its only about 3 1/2 years old.
I already tried to isolate heater. The short is not to the heater.
The red gun is shorted I dont know the label of the other pins that are
shorted. It is NOT ...blue, green, heater, or G1. The 2 other pins that
are shorted to the red are connected to ground on the neck board. Looking
at the tube from the back they are from
about 7 oclock to 2 oclock. The RK is in the middle and the other 2 are are
at each end.
I tried tapping on neck. didnt help. I would like to try to burn it clear
if that is the next thing to try. How can I do that?
Thanks
Roy

What are the other 2 pins labelled as? They may be alternates for
other CRT boards?

Tom