peanutwhistle

Jim Stansell wrote:
I originally posted this question a couple of years ago, but the dryer
was put in storage, and I never got to the repair. Now it's back again
(long story), but unfortunately, I've lost all the responses with
suggestions of what to check.

Anyway, I have an 18 year old Maytag gas dryer (model number DG 482 W)
that has suddenly started to cycle on and off in roughly 30 second
intervals. I don't think it's a heat buildup problem since it starts
cycling immediately after it's turned on. I've checked the ducting,
and everything is clear. The flame is a nice, bright blue.

Any/all suggestions are appreciated.

Someone by the name "Jim Stansell" posted a while back:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.electronics.repair/browse_frm/thread/524bb458391bae3f/0b69efe28c80bc71?lnk=st&q=dg+482+w&rnum=5&hl=en#0b 69efe28c80bc71

Maybe those replies will help?