kip

Why don't you take the advice which has been given to you
and call in a Professional and have the fault diagnosed.
If you do not wish to do so then replace the TV after
all its only an Appliance..............Isn't it ?

kip

"aether" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've always kept contrast and brightness levels extremely low.
(contrast lower than brightness) Under 40%. I despise what brightness,
especially, does to a picture. However, other people use this set as
well and have finagled with the calibration -- much to my ire. Only for
a shortwhile, however. (as they know it annoys me) This couldn't have
caused damage, correct?