Doug Miller

In article .com, "gregj" wrote:
My shop is in a very hot garage and I need to air condition it. After
looking at some of my options it looks like a through the wall air
conditioner is probably the best. My problem is that there is a stone
veneer on the outside of the wall. Any suggestions on how to handle
that, or can you point me in the right direction for some advice?

Speaking as the current owner of a stone veneer house in which some
knuckleheaded previous owner installed a window air conditioner through the
wall, my advice is -- don't. It will look like s**t, and some future owner of
that home will curse the day you were born. Yeah, I know, you're talking about
a garage, which isn't quite as important, but it will still look like s**t.

Surely there are windows somewhere in your garage. Can't you put a small A/C
through one of the windows?

Have you looked into portable units?

--
Regards,