Wayne Cook

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:03:02 GMT, "habbi"
wrote:

Anyone here have a Ready Welder, what do you think of it. I am mostly
interested in doing aluminum. Also can you run it of an AC buzz box, what
about an AC-DC Buzz box? I am currently using a 170 amp Lincoln MIG for
aluminum and it does a great job but the feeding issues are driving me crazy
( burn back and melt into the tip or tighten drive roller and risk
birdsnests).

The Ready Welder is a pretty good spool gun for the price. It's not
industrial quality and I don't think it would last long in a rough
commercial shop environment but then it costs half what a industrial
quality spool gun does.

It won't work with a AC welder but should work ok with a AC/DC
welder. However if you've got a 170 MIG then just hook it to that.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm