Here in the U.S. people are saying "don't feel bad, gas is $5.60 in
Britian" However you guys don't use the american "Dollar" in Britian
you use "Pounds" So how can this statement be true. The British dollar
is worth almost twice as much as the American Dollar. Here are my
questions:
What is the exact cost of gas at the pumps in Great Britian in the
English "Pound"?
How much gas do you get for the standard pump price?
How many miles per gallon does you average car get.
Please respond.

It's worse than that.

Petrol (gas) has been priced in litres for some time now in Britain. It
varies across the country and between different filling stations. I'm
paying about 90pence per litre for unleaded petrol and 93pence per
litre for diesel.

A UK gallon is 4.54 litres, a UK gallon is 1.2 US gallons and the pound
is worth about $1.77 so the prices are =A34.08/UK gallon ($6.03/US
gallon) for petrol and =A34.22/UK gallon ($6.23/US gallon) for diesel.

My petrol vehicle does about 20-28 miles per gallon (not so good as
it's a 7 seat, 2.8 litre, MPV[1]), and the diesel about 48 - 60 mpg
(mid size, 1.6 litre, mini-MPV).

MBQ

[1] Multi-Purpose Vehicle or People Carrier