mac davis

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:24:15 -0500, Patriarch
wrote:

Patrick Conroy wrote in news:4c3ct2-
:

snip
Heresy, I know - but I ended up not being a big fan of Timerwolf's
(wolves?)

For resawing, I took a chance on the WoodSlicer from Highland Hardware
and really made some progress.

I have the Jet 14" closed stand saw. It's most likely my inability to
setup the TimberWolf 1/2" -- but in any event, the WoodSlicer made
resawing possible for me...

A similar blade is often available in bulk, made up by your local
sharpening service. I have such a blade in my Jet 16" saw, and the
difference between that, and a Jet labeled blade would have you think that
the saw had been replaced by a top -dollar Euro wonder.

I got mine at Hastings Saw in Rohnert Park, CA. They have a small simple
advertisment in the back of Woodwork Magazine.

Patriarch

I'll second that.... the blade that came on my rigid 14" made Harbor Freight
blades seem like good quality...

I buy my blades from Ideal Saw Works in Fresno, Ca and for $13 to $20 they'll
make whatever size/tooth/tpi blade for me while I wait and look at all the tools
that I can't afford.. (and somehow manage to buy)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing