Duane Bozarth

Charlie Self wrote:

George wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...

If it isn't, it's no wonder no one respects businesspeople anymore.

Business is about making money. What you want goes under the name of
charity.

And that attitude is what is wrong with business today. I've been a
small businessman since at least '68, and to date I haven't found it
necessary to screw my clients out of the last dime in order to get by.

I'm sorta' w/ ya' on this, Charlie, altho I understand the other as
well...

Unfortunately, it's the distributors who control the pump prices
(essentially, local markups are pretty competitive in most places) and
they seem to be, as you note, very prompt in the up direction, not so
prompt in the other...

I don't have data on what the refiners are doing (in the relatively few
cases where they and the major distributors aren't the same)...I suspect
the independents are following the big boys because they'd get crushed
if they didn't.