James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...
That's not permitted in most neighborhoods these days, I guess it
depends on
where you live.(snip)

Amazing how we give up freedom without even noticing, isn't it?

Not only that, if I tried it in my area the trees would ****
sap all over the clothes and ruin them before they even got dry.(snip)

How is it that people managed to dry clothes before automatic dryers
were invented?-Jitney

Well in the case of families in this area they had several acres of rural
land and a sizeable portion of it was cleared for a back yard and field. Now
days land in this area is far too expensive for that and you're lucky to
have much of a yard at all and some trees for privacy. It's the price to pay
to live in a desireable area with a dense population.

Doesn't matter to anyway, I've never had to pay money for a clothes dryer
and have always been able to keep them running with minimal effort. The cost
of running one is trivial compared to all the other electrical crap in my
house. I was just trying to help the original poster.