James Sweet

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Thus spake Steve Henderson:

pop the top and watch the heater coil when it's running... if it cycles
"off" more than "on" (mine did about 10 seconds on and 50 off during a
minutes, no matter which temp you set it to, then suspect a clogged
exhause (not the little flexible 4" pipe leading from the dryer to the
wall - but the REST of it - the part that goes from the wall behind the
dryer to the outside... mine was clogged almost shut... when I cleaned
it out, problem solved. Now the dryer can get enough airflow that it
doesn't overheat the thermostat quickly (which shuts off the element),.

When troubleshooting externally (I've not opened it up, yet), I

disconnected
the hose and felt the temperature of the air. It was only lukewarm,
unchanged, it seems, whether the hose is connected or not. Airflow is
maximum, I think. This rules out airflow blockage.

Did you try the suggestions we already gave you? Are both elements
themselves ok? Are the thermostats closing? Is power getting to them?