Stuart Benoff wrote:
I have a 25 year old 33,000 gallon inground pool that is in need of
painting, needs some tiles replaced and has some cracks between the
coping and the tiles. Most companies want to acid wash, paint and
replace the tile and coping but one company wants to remove the tiles
and place a 1/8 inch fiberglass coating over the gunite, old tile line
and the coping.

Has anyone heard of this process and have any experiences (good or bad)
with it?

Yes, I have the fiberglass coating on my pool that was applied to the
old plaster finish. The pool is in Arizona and both my neighbor and I
had the pools resurfaced with fiberglass in 1989 (shasta pools did the
fiberglass). My pool is now ready to be resurfaced again, and his is
holding up better, so the fiberglass held out for ~15 years, roughly
the same duration of plaster in the same era her in hardwater
Arizona... The fiberglass is a very maintenance free surface, far
superior to plaster in my opinion, because algae doesn't seem to be
able to attach to it. It is very easy to clean, I treat it just like a
giant bathtub when service draining and cleaning... It cost rought
~3000 to resurface a 15K gallon pool in fiberglass back in 1989...