John Smith

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
John Smith wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

I think I'd look at the end fittings on the existing piece and see what
they are and simply replace the whole run as a first shot...

I will measure at the T. If it really is 3/8" then replacing the whole
run
is probably best.
I don't think I can replace the T though (insufficient room to work in)
so
if it is really 0.411...
Thanks

Is this simply a plumbed run? Are you in the US I gather? If so, it's
hard to imagine something not Imperial measure.

I did find a British standard that does show a 10 mm nominal but it
would seem most unusual unless were a piece of equipment that used
metric fittings or you are in an area where that would be the norm--but
in that case wouldn't seem like you'd have a problem w/ the fittings...

Yes, it is US. It goes to my dishwasher. The contractor ignored code on
several electrical things but I can't imagine why or how he used irregular
pipe.
I have been to two stores, but will try a real plumbing supply shop
tomorrow;
though I am not optimistic.

Re your other question as a temporary patch, depending on what the use
is--oh, I gather it is a hot water line altho it would be quite small
for that.

You should be able to get buy until cold weather by using a piece of
tubing and screw clamps as a patch while you find what it is you need.

I drain it in October. It didn't drain properly because there is a low spot
in the run. I guess it normally blows out with compressed air, but not
last year.

I don't suppose the odd sizes come because it's a trailer or
manufactured house, by any chance????