Speedy Jim

John Smith wrote:
As you may recall, I had a flexible copper pipe burst last winter. I mended
it with silicon tape and cable ties. It held for 2 months, and then started
leaking.

Today I cut the bad section out, but when I went to put a new piece in with
my 3/8" compression couplers, they didn't fit the old pipe.

I went to HD and the guy told me there is no pipe that diameter. He thought
the same freezing that burst it, expanded the rest of it. Maybe, but I am
measuring 5" from either side of the burst, and they both measure a very
round 0.411". I wouldn't expect ice to be so uniform.

So, what do I have, and how do I fix my pipe?

The propane hose I referred to in my earlier post will not fit this pipe;
but HD had some 3/8ID reinforced vinyl hose that is a very snug fit. Is
reinforced vinyl suitable for hot water? It says 225psi at 70 degrees, and
I only have 40PSI to it.

Thanks. Yeh, this is beginning to sound like to troll to me too, but it
really isn't.

http://www.copper.org/applications/p...ndex_table.htm
Looks oddball...