Pop

"Phil Scott" wrote in message
:
: wrote in message
: ...
: On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 00:24:21 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
: wrote:
:
: Wonder if he's really a HVAC guy? Might be a teenage bag boy
: at Krogers?
:
:
:
: He's a major presence on the HVAC newsgroup and has been
: around for
: years...do homework before making disparagements.
:
: I suspect he was working on AC when it involved lumps of ice
: and
: slaves with large palm leaf fans....
:
: He's a curmudgeon but I do believe he knows whereof he
: speaks and you
: would do well to listen to him.
:
: Jim P.
:
: I don't find any loud mouth abusive types that ever know their
: business. Such behavior seems to be a cover for incompetence
: and worse.
:
: Truly competent people are calm and decent and self
: respecting... and they respect others in error not. thats
: just how it is.
:
: When I was younger I was a semi pro motorcycle racer, dirt
: ovals, the half mile and mile tracks on the west coast, and a
: little road racing and motocross. Thats one hell of a
: dangerous sport. ( Ran a 500cc triumph in those days,
: bultaco's, a 450 husqvarna, and a 360 yamaha that I won the
: open class on at the 1972 Wilseville Hare and Hound (400
: riders some from europe run that event every year... today I
: run a 600cc ATK / rotax.)
:
:
:
: Every race sees at least one ambulance or chopper run to the
: hospital.. some tracks, such as Lodi Cycle bowl (where I still
: run the less competitive senior class) ends up killing one or
: two people a year.
:
: Without exception the winners, the guys who slide it sideways
: into the turns at 130 mph are polite decent people... there
: are not that many loud mouth idiots at a race track.. ... the
: few abusive types that do show can be counted on to get
: lapped a few times and they almost always run junk.
:
: It seems personal accomplishment and pride go together.. the
: guy looks sharp, runs primo equipment, wins, respects
: himself... and that carries over to how he treats others.
:
:
:
: On Alt.HVAC I must say I had not run into as much ignorant
: abuse in my life. ..and mostly from guys doing appliances..
: the lowest end of the business. Not a surprise. Too bad it
: gets spammed onto other NG's.
:
:
: Phil Scott
:
:
:
:
:
It's best to just ignore them and leave them swinging in the
breeze. They feed on hate & discontent so ignoring them starves
them to death.

I sort of "study" this type of socalled human being and at the
moment this group has two sets of mongers at work. One is from
the group as mentioned and the other are a roving group of real
despots who literally feed, even thrive on hate and discontent.
When they get the proper bites to their spew, and I'm happy to
see this group isn't allowing it, they move in with greater
numbers, their goal being to crash the group to no longer being
usable.
That happens when folks let them get to them. Just ignore
them, keep your thick skins on, and no matter how long they stick
around, their efforts will be futile.
This group is doing well, but there are too many people
responding to them, myself included on occasion when I know who
they are and they know I know them. I usually only do that when
they leave an opening where I know I'll **** them off because I
have learned what irritates th em. Ymmv, and I wouldn't advise
following my lead. I've violated an important ethic; ignore
trolls and intentional idiots.

Pop