Me

On 14 Aug 2005 21:03:13 -0700, wrote:

Can anybody offer tips on installing a window air conditioner made for
a double hung window into a slider/casement window? I bought the unit
intending to, either put it through the wall, or by installing second
window in the room of the double-hung type... But I can't get to
either of these scenarios for a few months as I have other projects and
priorities to tend to first. Yet, the weather is very hot right now
and I'm tempted to 'rig up' at least temporary installation of my A/C
using the window presently available. I'm not concerned about how it
looks or even about window security (there's always someone home, even
if it's just the pet Rottweiler...). But the said window being on the
second floor of my house, it is SAFETY (for both, people as well as my
A/C unit) that is my overriding concern here. Therefore I'm inviting
input from others here on this before finalizing in my mind what method
and/or materials, parts, etc. to follow/use in going about this.

Thanx in advance,
Ken

Buy a new window and have it installed. Takes a day or two.