SQLit

"Stuart Benoff" wrote in message ...
I'm starting to get prices for this work and now I really wish I could get the price you mention. A rep from Anthony came out last week and they want $20,000 to re-plaster, re-tile and put in new coping. Of course, if I agree to do it this fall it's only 18K. My pool is 880 square feet - so it's on the larger side for backyard pools.

I got a second price around $14,000 and this includes $1,100 to empty the pool. I'm thinking of renting a pump and doing that myself. Does anyone know if there is anything to watch out for when emptying a pool?

$1100 to empty the pool, if your local (PHX) I will do it for $900.00.

I drained my pool into the lawn. Got some extra backwash hose and started from the far end of my 1/2 acre lot. My valving allowed for a back wash (sort of) with out going through the filter.
This lowered the level to just below the skimmer. Then I put some cleaner hose on the skimmer and lowered it with the pool pump to about 3 feet from the top. I bought a submersible 120v pump and left that run over night. Next day there was very little water left. My pool was only 25k gallons. Took best part of 2 1/2 days to empty the pool. I removed the drain cover when the water was shallow enough and put the pump in there.

With the volume of water you have you better check with the authorities before you consider the street. If your not on a septic system you can use the clean out for the sewer. It will go a bit slower the sewer even though it is 4 inch will reach a saturation point and then slow down a bit.