Joseph Meehan

SQLit wrote:
"Mark Schofield" wrote in message
My wife is considering buying an Ionic Breeze or something similar
for the bedroom during the winter months. I have oil-fired forced
hot air for heating. Any recommendations for a filtering system in
the ductwork that would achieve the same results, but for the whole
house?

Every air filter/cleaner has its ups and downs. Whole house only work
when running all of the time.

Well, let's say much of the time. The air does not suddenly turn dirty
the second the fan turns off. Now after a couple of days...

I have had two of the ionic breezes for more than 5 years. To a
point they will pull the "floaties" out of the air. As for silent
claims they are until they get dirty.

You do not specify what your trying to accomplish so a recommendation
is pretty hard.
Check your furnace and see what amount of static air pressure it will
stand. My new York heatpump craps out at 0.60" of static.
Try WW Grainger's replaceable filter area. I buy filters there that
do wonders for my home. They say that they will run 90 days I change
in 30.

I had the Honeywell cleaner as well as a couple of other fan based
units. I did not like the noise.
Here's to hoping you find something that works for ya

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit