SQLit

"Mark Schofield" wrote in message
My wife is considering buying an Ionic Breeze or something similar for the
bedroom during the winter months. I have oil-fired forced hot air for
heating. Any recommendations for a filtering system in the ductwork that
would achieve the same results, but for the whole house?

Every air filter/cleaner has its ups and downs. Whole house only work when
running all of the time.
I have had two of the ionic breezes for more than 5 years. To a point they
will pull the "floaties" out of the air. As for silent claims they are
until they get dirty.

You do not specify what your trying to accomplish so a recommendation is
pretty hard.
Check your furnace and see what amount of static air pressure it will
stand. My new York heatpump craps out at 0.60" of static.
Try WW Grainger's replaceable filter area. I buy filters there that do
wonders for my home. They say that they will run 90 days I change in 30.

I had the Honeywell cleaner as well as a couple of other fan based units. I
did not like the noise.
Here's to hoping you find something that works for ya