James Sweet

"aether" wrote in message
oups.com...
The TV is almost always in 4:3 mode. When the entire screen is
utilized, however, where the black was (in 4:3) the resolution (pixels)
are distorted. The pixels are larger, and the resolution inferior. In
the middle portion of the screen, the resolution is largely uneffected.
Although it (the distorted pixels) even creep up on the sides of it.
(4:3) Is this a temporary problem, and if so, how do you correct it?
The thing I don't get, is that the problem has appeared out of nowhere.
So, it has me thinking the tube is on it's way out.

If the tube was on it's way out the problem would be uniform over the whole
screen. The only thing that will affect only part of the tube is phosphor
burn, which will make the less used area of the tube appear brighter and
sharper than the more used areas.