Bob Engelhardt

Richard J Kinch wrote:
The bender has a big footprint that spreads the moments.

I see one here that has a 10" square base:
I would think that one would need considerable constraint to keep it
from tipping as well as from twisting. I wonder how big the footprint
would have to be to minimize the need to constrain it from tipping.

A resourceful user would extend the handle both ways to eliminate the
tipping force.

So instead of a 44" handle extending one way, the "resourceful user"
would have it extending 22" each way? Then you couldn't lean on it and
the bender geometry would make that kinda' difficult to build. I
suppose that it could be done, but I've never seen one like that.

Bob