Dave Plowman (News)

In article y9oMe.1223$yb.39@trndny07,
Jumpster Jiver wrote:
How does the acid get there? The case is acid proof, otherwise the
steel it sits on in the car would corrode through in even shorter time.

Aren't all car batteries, even maint. free ones vented? I believe that
along with the hydrogen gas a small amount of vaporized acid can escape
from the battery's vent allowing it to settle on nearby surfaces such as
the outside of the case.

There should be minimal gassing with a modern charging system. And most
recent cars I've seen have a vent tube to take the fumes away from where
they could do mischief in the event this occurs.

--
Is the hardness of the butter proportional to the softness of the bread?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.