AlexW

Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Alex

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:20:09 +0100, AlexW
wrote:

Snipmybit

My neighbour & I rebuilt his garage / workshop earlier in the year -
and used 3/4" Blockboard for the pair of doors (each was 4' wide x
about 7ft high). The blockboard is ply on the outside and
glued-together treewood battens inside - makes it very rigid.

In his case he had a couple of angle-iron frames which we fitted
around each door and bolted to the blockboard - but I think this
wasn't really necessary...

To tie in with the shiplap we lightly routed some fake 'joint lines'
across the doors - looks OK and shows no tendency to warp. Take care
to protect the edges of the board to keep moisture out.

HTH
Adrian
Suffolk UK

======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply

Thanks for the info, I'll bear the blockboard approach in mind.

Alex.