mac davis

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:29:44 GMT, "Cyrille de Brébisson" wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering how you knowledgeable wood working veterans were cleaning
your table or band saw tables (I imagine it would also work for jointers and
other power tools)?

I imagine that a "read to use" table should be shinny and slick, but how do
you do it? which products? do you sand it? how do you make it slick?

ps: while I am out cleaning stuff, how do you clean your carbide tipped saw
blades?

thanks for the info!

cyrille

I have to clean my bandsaw table every couple of weeks... I cut a lot of green
bowl blanks and it gets sap on the surface...

I spray it with "Awesome" concentrated cleaner from the local dollar store and
go have a cup of coffee...
When I come back, the sap and other crud wipes off and I put a few thin coats of
Johnson's wax on it and it's good to go..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing