Joseph Meehan

Mark Schofield wrote:
I'm a lurking hoammoaner at alt.hvac but didn't dare post there.
thanks for the reply. I was searching around this morning and there
are allot of options. An electrostatic filter would be the easiest.
UV is an option. I do the HVAC maintenance for our school system so
ductwork mods (and wiring if necessary) wouldn't be a problem. I've
seen some negative posts about UV. And mold isn't a problem in our
house. Do electrostatics work?

Yes. Some work better than others and of course they only work when the
fan is on.

I don't have central air installed.
Fairly small 2 story house with feed and returns in the rooms both up
and down. I plan to call our filter vendor Monday for suggestions.
thanks for any feedback. Mark S. "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote in message

"Mark Schofield" wrote in message
My wife is considering buying an Ionic Breeze or something similar
for the bedroom during the winter months. I have oil-fired forced
hot air for heating. Any recommendations for a filtering system in
the ductwork that would achieve the same results, but for the whole
house?

Do some research (and not the "research" they talk about on their
commercial) and see what those things REALLY do. Instead of paying
an arm and a leg for something that collects dirt ("Oooooo! That
must mean it's working!!!") do a search on air cleaning systems. You
can get electronic or media type (and others) that can be installed
in your current system. Try looking at this just to get an idea:

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consum.../Air+Cleaners/

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit