John Flanagan

On 16 Aug 2005 01:32:52 -0400, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

In article ,
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
snip------

Having the mill climb will
keep you out of danger (why don't you want a rotary table?).

Want to take another stab at that, Tim? Climb milling is extremely
dangerous---causing the cutter to self feed. Do you have the concept
backwards in your mind?

I'm glad that you caught that. I was checking to see whether
someone had caught it before I posted.

If I can keep the cutter centered in the middle of the collar (while
rotating) I don't think climb cutting would be an issue since the
forces should be equal. But if I got off a bit it could grab and rip
it out of my hand, the indexer handle that is. That's why I like the
worm gear of the rotary table, I just don't like the set up time.....

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.