James Sweet

"Matt B." none@given wrote in message
I have a 27" Sony Trinitron TV, model KV-27S15. It is 10 years old. It's
been a great TV until it broke. :-) (I love the dark picture tube.)

For about a minute before it died, the picture squeezed in from the right

couple of inches. After that the TV just shut off and it won't give any
signs of life now.

I found a description of this problem on this newsgroup's FAQ on the web
(which is how I found this newsgroup), but I'm afraid that the description
of the problem is all Greek to me.

I'd like to repair the TV if it is not too expensive (otherwise I might

buy
a new, larger TV :-)
Is this repairable and how much might it cost?

Thanks.

If the picture was good before it died and the unit is in good cosmetic
shape then it's probably worth having fixed, if the troubleshooting sounds
like Greek you should take it to a shop though, it does require some skill
to track down the problem.