Further on:

2. Alkaline cement/battery acid

Most good scientists know that everything dissolves into everything, it
just a matter of how fast. As some minute conductance developes through
the bottom of the battery, if we are to assume this theory fact for the
moment, means we must accept the possibility the earth and/or concrete
which has a solid Earth ground throughout may indeed have an effect
that was unforseen.

It it also unreasonable to expect that there is no seepage at all in
the life of these batteries. If some electrolyte soaks into the dirt,
even an infinitesimal amount could it possibly be setting up cells
polaraized opposing those in the battery ? This enhances whatever
conduction there already is. Yet if the battery is removed you might
still not see a voltage on it, because the bottom of the battery forms
one of the plates of this self made battery under itself. (I think you
know what I mean)

I'm not saying this is true, but it is possible.

JURB