Matt B.

Default Sony TV Picture Squeezed In, Died

I have a 27" Sony Trinitron TV, model KV-27S15. It is 10 years old. It's
been a great TV until it broke. :-) (I love the dark picture tube.)

For about a minute before it died, the picture squeezed in from the right a
couple of inches. After that the TV just shut off and it won't give any
signs of life now.

I found a description of this problem on this newsgroup's FAQ on the web
(which is how I found this newsgroup), but I'm afraid that the description
of the problem is all Greek to me.

I'd like to repair the TV if it is not too expensive (otherwise I might buy
a new, larger TV :-)
Is this repairable and how much might it cost?

Thanks.