Doug Miller

In article , "Cyrille de Brébisson" wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering how you knowledgeable wood working veterans were cleaning
your table or band saw tables (I imagine it would also work for jointers and
other power tools)?

Mostly, I clean mine by brushing sawdust onto the floor.

I imagine that a "read to use" table should be shinny and slick, but how do
you do it?

Comes that way from the factory.

which products? do you sand it?

Not unless it somehow gets rust on it.

how do you make it slick?

Johnson's Paste Wax.

ps: while I am out cleaning stuff, how do you clean your carbide tipped saw
blades?

Washing soda (sodium carbonate, Na2CO3). Dissolve about 1/4 cup (60ml +/-) in
a quart (liter) of warm water in a shallow pan. Lay the blade in the water.
Watch the gunk float off of the blade. Allow to soak for five minutes. Scrub
lightly with a nylon or brass brush, if needed to remove stubborn gunk. Rinse
with warm water, and dry with a towel.

Cheap.
Fast.
Easy.