Thomas Clark

No its green wood. Freshly cut out of this tree. It might take a few years
to dry the 8 inch slab. I think its 1 year per inch. That means if I put
it in a cool dry place it will take 8 years to completely dry. With wet
wood you put it on the lathe and lathe the bulk of the material away making
the walls of your bowl or whatever your making about 3/4 - 1 inch thick.
Then let it dry slowly over a period of 6 months to a year depending on
humidity. And you can turn it again to get it round again. Thats why they
call em "Twice turned bowls". They are turned from green wood.

Thanks for the comments!

P.S. Yeah, that was my first impression. Ohhhh my god! Look how big that
thing is. I can't believe someone just through that out.

Thomas