Jim Sehr

Part can be held in mill vice . Holding on the ends of part with a bit more
than half sticking above jaws. Then you can use a end mill with a radius
that matches the OD of
part . You need a Tool and cutter grinding shop to grind
correct radius. Unless it is a standard size.
You will have sharp corners like your drawing.
You can put two pins in vise to be sure parts repeat.
I went out to the shop and cut a sample part in about
20 min.
Send me email address and I'll email pictures.
Jim

"John Flanagan" wrote in message
Dear All:

I've got a part I need to machine (repeatedly) and was wondering if
anyone might make a suggestion for an effective and inexpensive
method. A photo of the cut that needs to be made can be found he

http://vulcan.blacksburg.net/~flanag...eeve%20RFS.jpg

You can see the collar on the upper right part has been cut ~90°.
I've been thinking of using a 5C collect in one of those cheap spin
indexers you can get at ENCO for ~$30. The collar is less than .250"
thick by ~ 1" wide, material is silicon bronze. I'm a little
concerned about controlling the part as I spin it by hand since the
spin of the indexer is direct without gears and can (I think) move
freely front to back while spinning). A photo of the spin indexer can
be seen here;

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=235-6011

The only other solution the I can think of, for a professional looking
finish at least, would be to use a $$$ super spacer or to buy a chuck
to mount on my rotary table with the 3MT center (which has it's own
problems of set up time and PITA factor).

Thanks,

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk
email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.