Ken Davey

Jeff Taylor wrote:
I'm looking to buy a used lathe. I'm going to convert this into a
special job machine and thus I don't need all the usual stuff. I
don't care about bed wear, cross slide screw wear, or even if it has
a lead screw. Basically, I'm looking for a cheap clunker, probably a
SB Heavy 10 or equivalent (did any of the SB 9" have 5C capable
spindles?).

Lathe must have:
Bed length, the shorter the better. I only need about 5" center to
center. Head stock.
Spindle hole 1-3/8" min, 1-1/2" or larger preferred.
Saddle and cross slide.
Tail stock.

Would like:
Lever 5C collet closer.
Bench/cabinet mount.

Don't need:
Power cross feed
Power long feed
lead screw
Apron
Tooling other than the collet closer
Motor

I'm in southern Connecticut.

Email me with what you have at jt27278 (at) optonline (dot) net

Thanks!

Go to 'Clunkers-r-us', A Babin, prop.

Snort!