Jeff Taylor

I was going to bid on this one, but did a little research and saw that it
weighed 3900 lbs. Too much for my 3/4 ton truck. And I'd have to hire
riggers to move it to a trailer or truck anyhow. It hasn't bid up more than
$110 as of this afternoon. Haven't seen anything except the pictures on the
website, but these Rivett lathes have been spoken of highly on a couple
forums where I lurk. Go to www.govdeals.com, type in the word Rivett in the
search window and it will come up. It's located in Largo, FL. Over by St.
Petersburg, I think, on the Gulf coast of Fl. if you're interested in it.
You might email Gunner, as he mentioned he's got a Rivett lathe, (but not
this model), in his shop. The only difference between the 1020S and the
1020F model is that the F model is later, and has an electronic tach
instead of mechanical. Also has a 12 1/2 inch swing instead of the 12 inch
swing of the S model. Hope this helps your search.

Garrett Fulton

Thanks for the tip. If it was closer to home I might consider it, but
it's really larger than I was wanting.

-JT