Mark Schofield

I'm a lurking hoammoaner at alt.hvac but didn't dare post there. thanks for
the reply. I was searching around this morning and there are allot of
options. An electrostatic filter would be the easiest. UV is an option. I do
the HVAC maintenance for our school system so ductwork mods (and wiring if
necessary) wouldn't be a problem. I've seen some negative posts about UV.
And mold isn't a problem in our house. Do electrostatics work? I don't have
central air installed. Fairly small 2 story house with feed and returns in
the rooms both up and down. I plan to call our filter vendor Monday for
suggestions. thanks for any feedback. Mark S.
"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"Mark Schofield" wrote in message
My wife is considering buying an Ionic Breeze or something similar for
the bedroom during the winter months. I have oil-fired forced hot air for
heating. Any recommendations for a filtering system in the ductwork that
would achieve the same results, but for the whole house?

Do some research (and not the "research" they talk about on their
commercial) and see what those things REALLY do. Instead of paying an arm
and a leg for something that collects dirt ("Oooooo! That must mean it's
working!!!") do a search on air cleaning systems. You can get electronic
or media type (and others) that can be installed in your current system.
Try looking at this just to get an idea:

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consum.../Air+Cleaners/