AAvK

I'm still using the stuff that came with the stone, generically
labelled "honing oil". Figure 3-in-1 will work okay once that's gone
(I do all my sharpening on an utility bench under the pegboard, not at
the sink) I'll give the dishsoap and scotchbrite for cleaning a try,
though- the course and medium stones clean up pretty well with water
and a scrub brush, but the white one looks terrible and it wasn't
cheap enough that I want to give up on it!

Yeah... it is an 'oil' stone. I wouldn't use dish soap and water, just the scary
sharp scrub down I think is a better idea. I just bought a big beautiful soft
Arkansas, I will only use distilled water on it.

--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com