Prometheus

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 09:13:39 -0700, David wrote:

I'd bet you've never cut laminate flooring! That stuff is so tough it's
hard to cut with a brand new carbide tipped saw blade. Your post is
merely uninformed conjectures.

Well, David, you have to cut it with something. If you can't do it
with a power saw because it's too noisy, then you have to do it with a
handsaw. Might not be the way you'd like to see it done, and it may
not be easy, but a saw is a saw. Sure, it'll wear out the blade, but
that's true of the power saw blades as well. Either way, the flooring
has to be cut, right? FWIW, I have cut laminate flooring with a
dozuki, and continued to use it long after that project, until I cut a
nail in half with it by mistake and broke a bunch of teeth. Yes, I
did cut the nail in half- it's not hyperbole. Not the suggested use
for that tool, but even the cheap ones are tougher than you may think.