Spehro Pefhany

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:27:51 +0000 (UTC), the renowned Christopher
Tidy wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Ignoramus29118 wrote:

screw what I said, the salesman at homo depot

^^^^^^^^^^
It's pretty funny the way you guys think up nicknames for things you
hate. Who was it who referred to their Sears Crapsman saw recently? :-)

By the way, I have an off-topic question for the Americans. Out of
curiousity, is the Sears where you buy your economy tools the same
company which owns the Sears Tower in Chicago?

Chris

It was developed for Sears Roebuck & Co, the department store guys

It's currently owned by Metropolitan Life Insurance. Before that, it
was owned by Trizec.

I believe it's now #3 or #4 in height worldwide, after the really
great-looking dual Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, and the rather
ugly Tapei 101 tower in Taiwan. The WTC replacement in NYC should
trump all those ones, but perhaps not a few others that are in various
stages of planning or construction.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany