John Grossbohlin

"CW" wrote in message
news
Sharpening the saw every other cut would be a might bit slow.

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
news:F05Le.4691 I joined this thread late... If the OP marked his cuts
fairly deep with a
knife and then used a good sharp handsaw I don't see any reason for him
not get acceptable cuts for flooring. He'd probably do better than he

would
with a mediocre CMS and mediocre blade... If he's doing this at night and
noise is a concern it doesn't sound like he's looking for production

speed.

John

If you feel the finish is a concern than marking with the knife and then
cutting a V-groove along the line (on the waste side) with the knife would
eliminate the finish. The saw will track in the groove if some kind of saw
guide is used (e.g., bench hook, 90 degree setting in a miter box, etc)...

John