Bioboffin

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"--s-p-o-n-i-x--" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 20:57:49 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

http://www.toyota.co.uk Select Prius. More torque than a V6. and
scoots to 62mpg is no time at all - that's if you are into boy
racer starts. In mid acceleration is ****es over most others.

Did you know that 'Prius' is Japanese for 'Potato'?

Did you make that up? It means first in Latin

Hmm. Quoting from a number of internet pages: Prius, Latin for "go before"

Unfortunately the name is rather close to the unfortunate condition called
"priapism".

As someone in the market for a fuel efficient car, I have been attracted to
the Prius. I am a little uncertain about the high purchase price, the
cosmetic issues, and more importantly, about the resale value (dealers don't
appear to like it because of uncertainties about the new technology. A
problem that Citroens have suffered from for a number of years thanks to
their unconventional suspension).

The good news is that Toyota (and a few others) have more hybrid cars in the
pipeline in the near future. Lets hope they can continue to improve.

John.