CW

Ever cut any laminate flooring? The substance used in the topcoat, this is
the stuff that gives it its wear resistance, is aluminum oxide. Talk to
Norton about aluminum oxide. That's what they use to make oilstones from. I
wouldn't touch a piece of laminate flooring with any plane or saw I cared
about.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Honing the plane blade is a fast step.

Resharpening a Western style crosscut backsaw takes about
2-3 minutes, the teeth do not need to be jointed or set each
time it is sharpened.

Replacement blades for the less expensive Japanese style saws
are around $10, last I looked. A new blade should last
for a few nights' work.

--

FF