Larry Jaques

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:20:13 GMT, the opaque Ignoramus29516
clearly wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement. The thought of a 100 gallon behemoth
exploding next to me was disconcerting. While the compressor was
sitting, the air valve was open, so some minimal amount of oxygen culd
enter it through that.

From everything I've ever read, tanks explode only when they're
poorly welded and the safety shutoff valve isn't working so the
compressor continues to run until total failure. All other failures
I've read about happen via pinprick holes due to age/rust or from
things falling on them, knocking bungs out of them, or puncturing
them. I wouldn't worry about it, Iggy. Opening that peep hole will
only allow you one more potential leak. Rustout is probably the safest
failure mode you could have.

Besides, if one did explode from a deweldment (izzat a word?), it
would only blow the windows out of your house (and maybe your
eardrums.) after a 2 or 3 atmosphere pressurization.

-
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming