Steve

I have a cedar deck that was built in 1977, it is still in excelent
shape. I use PENOFIN preservative, somewhat expensive but works very
well. You got to clean the deckwith a powerwasher first, then let it
dry out good before applying PENOFIN. Steve

On 13 Aug 2005 08:37:06 -0700, wrote:

quick question about cedar decks, is there any sealant or protectant
that will prevent it from the cedar turning grey? I would love to keep
the natural colour and grain texture of the cedar, but know that it
will splinter and rot and turn that ugly smoke grey colour is not
properly maintained, anybody know what works to keep that soft red
colour?

cheers