SQLit

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I am putting a ceiling light in a kitchen. I wish so bad I would
have looked at the previous lighting. I did not. I expected it to be
the same as everything else I have looked at.

This junction box has no white wires. There are black, a ground (bare)
wire. And there are other wires black and light brown that are wired
together. There are two sets of light brown and black wires. One set
is black and light brown wired together. There is another set like it.

There was a single black wire. I guessed that is the correct black on
black wire. Ground was easy to find. There is just no white wire.

Any ideas?

Some of the old homes I have worked in the white turns brown because of time
and heat.
Use a meter to identify the wires