Andy Hall

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:30:12 +0000 (UTC), "David Pearson"
wrote:

My Kingspanned ceiling has a gap or two (or a hundred), which
I could fill up nicely with expanding foam filler. Can anyone tell
me if it reacts with the Kingspan? I am worried that the solvent
in the filler might melt the Kingspan foam.

Thanks,
Original Poster.

It works fine. I did this in a couple of places when insulating my
workshop.

I taped over the gaps using the foil tape leaving a small hole for the
nozzle of the can at one end and another at the other to allow air to
escape.

A *small* squirt and job done. I do mean small though. Read the
Peter Parry canoe story in the FAQ.

Also, do wear gloves as this stuff sticks to the fingers for days.

For a ceiling, definitely cover the floor.

Once cured, you can remove excess from the surface with a utility
knife and tape over it if you want.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl