Owain

Default Outside wiring - why did i bother? More advice req...

"Mike Buckley" wrote
| Thanks to the advice on there I managed to fit an RCD spur
| and an outdoor weather proof socket for my pond pump/lawnmower.
| However - all of this seems to have gone down the pan as
| the bloody pond pump I've bought has a 240v-24v transformer
| "only for indoor use"!!! What bloody use is that?
| Anybody got any ideas how I can weatherproof this? It's not
| going to be left out permanently - it just needs to be
| weatherproof during the summer months. I'm thinking upturned
| buried bucket under a dense bush - any better ideas?

A big IP rated plastic box with the cables in and out glanded. B&Q sell one
with a 'masterseal' style silicone cable entry, that's big enough for a
4-way socket strip and wall-warts for about £20 I think.

Raise it on a little post above ground level.

Owain