Graham Wilson

Default Cooling a house

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 10:10:21 +0100, T i m wrote:

We got ours from Homebase a few years ago and is one of the ones with
a real external heat exchanger. I 'fitted' it in the (unused) middle
bedroom (of our 3 bed 1897 (end of) terraced house) with the heat
exchanger on the colder North facing wall.

How do you mean by external heat exchanger?

You say you fitted the exchanger on the north facing wall. Do you mean
you fitted through the wall?

Wickes used to do a Phillips air conditioning unit a few years ago
that was designed for a conservatory. The idea was that you made a
square hole through the wall of the conservatory about 18 inches wide
and about 12 inches high. The unit sat half inside and half outside.
It was bolted onto a frame to prevent someone from sliding it out and
entering the property through the hole.

Graham