John Grossbohlin

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Dave in Fairfax" wrote in message
inexperienced. I also wasn't saying that you'd get a sawcut that was
smooth as a baby's butt. You asked about the availablity of high
quality saws in Canada and I was suggesting LV.

It's ok, I'm not upset. I'm just keeping in mind the OP's request for a
quiet way to produce cuts (night time operation) that are suitable for
laying laminate flooring. Aside from the shearing method, or the edge
planing method (which I feel is much too slow for production speed
professional work) I can't envision anything else that would meet his
noise
concerns. Even if a Dozuki saw and some specialized usage can produce the
type of 90° cuts obtained by a properly set up chop saw, I refuse to
believe
that it can be done nearly fast enough to be worthwhile using for
production
work.

I joined this thread late... If the OP marked his cuts fairly deep with a
knife and then used a good sharp handsaw I don't see any reason for him to
not get acceptable cuts for flooring. He'd probably do better than he would
with a mediocre CMS and mediocre blade... If he's doing this at night and
noise is a concern it doesn't sound like he's looking for production speed.

John