jim rozen

In article et, carl mciver
says...

There was this story I recall a long time ago about some homeowner than
had someone constantly breaking into his shed, despite repeated calls to the
cops. The cops were never in hurry every time, so eventually the homeowner
called back a minute after the initial call to state "Never mind, I shot him
myself." The cops showed up in a flash and caught the guy. They weren't at
all happy with his statement, but completely understood his reasoning.

IIRC this story had the guy calling the cops, and they replied they
had no officers in the area and it would take hours to get there.

When they showed up, he expressed suprise that they really *did*
have somebody there.

This tale was supposed to have happened in the UK someplace I think.

Jim

please reply to: