HeatMan

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
news:YZ3Le.294$Rp5.127@trnddc03...

"HeatMan" wrote in message

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
news:Xh%Ke.6705$0d.348@trnddc03...

wrote in message
oups.com...
It seems Turtle is right:
"Carrier Corporation brands include: Carrier, Bryant, Payne, and ICP
brand names Airquest, Arcoaire, Comfortmaker, Heil, KeepRite, and
TempStar."

see:http://www.appliancemagazine.com/edi...&zone=1&first=
1

We used to install Heil. You can still go to houses that have Heil

units
installed (20 years ago) and unitl you get right up on it (and read the

tag)
you don't know WHAT "brand" it is. Heil made:

Tempstart
Heil
Whirlpool
Sears
Montgomery Wards

Anyone in the business knows which units I'm talking about (those green
"horseshoe" shaped ones.

Oh yeah, I just changed one of those out. Almost ruptured myself

into the truck. I didn't realize how heavy they were.

Awkward as hell too!! They are a lot easier if you leave all of the screws
in it.

Uh-huh. Someone there before me replaced the contactor. They didn't put
even one screw back in the cover. I almost fell on my bum when the cover
popped off in my hands.

How bout those early 80's round (trash can) Carriers that they bolted to

the
round cement pad??!!! I carry a sledge hammer just for that reason....

Never had one bolted down. I have a couple of customers that have those
things and they are still running. Inefficient as all get out, but they're
running....