Doug Kanter

"J Kelly" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:34:35 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"J Kelly" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:20:54 GMT, "Noozer" wrote:

Just wondering.. the wife and I love Slurpee's, but an ice shaver just
doesn't cut it at home.

Is there a residential version of these slush machines out there?

The secret to the slushes (beside the machine) is the amount of sugar
disolved into the water (it was at least 10 lbs of sugar in 5 gallons
of water, may have been more.. It has been almost 20 years since I
worked in a place that made slushees.). There was also something
called "slush base" added to the mix. No clue what is is.

Fattening! You can make a perfectly good drink like that with 3 cups of
frozen strawberries, 2 cups of OJ and a banana.

That may have just as much sugar. An equal sized serving of OJ has
close to as much sugar as Coke, if not more. At least it would have
some vitamins and minerals in it though, unlike the empty calories in
the Coke. Sounds mighty good too!

Based on what I see at the local 7-11, there is a certain category of people
who think refined sugar is a necessity of life. They usually arrive in
full-size conversion vans, which is one of the few vehicles they can fit
into since Cadillac discontinued the 1974 Fleetwood.